Dolphin Circle is a member of The Virginia Beach City Union of the King’s Daughters and Sons. The King’s Daughters and Sons is an interdenominational Christian service organization.
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons began on January 13th, 1886 in the New York City home of Margaret Bottome, a Methodist minister’s wife. Mrs. Bottome was a woman of great faith. “She knew in whom she believed. To her, God was her Father, Jesus was her Savior, and the Holy Spirit was her guide. She firmly believed that God was responsible for the founding of the Order and that the Holy Spirit moved and inspired its members.”
- The motto “Look up, not down, Look forward, not back, Look out, not in, Lend a hand “ represents faith, hope and service to others.
- The watchword chosen was “In His Name”
- The text “Not to be ministered unto, but to minister.” Mark 10:45
- The object of the Order is the “development of spiritual life and the stimulation of Christian activities.”
- The group was originally called a “Ten,” but was soon changed to “Circle” to accommodate the numbers of women wanting to join.
- In addition to Dolphin Circle, there are also 7 other circles that are part of the Virginia Beach City Union: Bayshore Circle, Colonial Circle, Laconcha Circle, Birdneck Circle, Little Neck Circle, Lynnhaven River Circle and Mermaid Circle.
- The Dolphin Circle has contributed regularly to The HALO fund at CHKD Hospital.
Dolphin Circle of the VBCU (Virginia Beach City Union) Federal Tax ID# is 54-1554062 and we are a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization. Monies donated are tax deductible as determined by IRS regulations.
The Dolphin Circle of the VBCU 2018 Kentucky Derby Fundraising Party proceeds were distributed to the designated non-profit organizations as follows:
$12,000 to JCOC (Judeo-Christian Outreach Center)
$12,000 to CHKD (Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters) Behavioral/Mental Health Department
The Dolphin Circle 2017 5K proceeds were distributed to the designated non-profit organizations as follows:
$9,006.04 to Cancer Care Foundation of Tidewater donated by Team Love LaVerne in memory of LaVerne Crown
$2,070.00 to Cancer Care Foundation of Tidewater
$2,070.00 to Navy SEAL Foundation
$2,070.00 to CHKD Halo Fund and to other local charities: Citizens’ Committee to Protect the Elderly $230.00; Edmarc Hospice for Children $230.00; Together We Can Foundation $230.00
Dolphincircle.org Click Here for website questions